Monday, September 18, 2006

Trade of the Day - Nasdaq Stock Market Inc. (Public, NASDAQ:NDAQ)

As per last night's watch list, NDAQ presented a low risk entry as price took out the OR high after consolidating in a narrow range for an hour and half. I kept moving my stop just below the low of the previous bar on the 15 minute timeframe until I was stopped out. I risked 0.20 cents and my reward was $1.17. In R terms that is 5.85.

NVDA was my only other trade. I took this trade because the entry off of a very NR bar offered so little risk that I couldn't resist. However, this trade was not as smooth as the NDAQ trade because at this level NVDA is very toppy. I did not raise my stop until well into the trade because NVDA did a lot of backing and filling in the early going. My initial risk was 10 cents and my reward was $0.65.

No comments: