Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dummy Gapper Trade of the Day - Continental Airlines, Inc. (Public, NYSE:CAL)

CAL, a watch list stock gapped up on a combination of factors including lower oil, and an extremely oversold sector, and possibly the UAUA upgrade. The second bar was inside and the third almost inside in the upper portion of the OR at the base of R2. I entered long on a break of the third bar high. This was followed by tight NR trade until resistance (blue line was taken out and retested). The final thrust was vertical, extending up 100% from the previous day low to the ORH.


7 comments:

anarco said...

Gotta love the UAUA factor!!!
I really like the UAUA stock symbol :-) Anyway, is your basic watch list the one from October 07?
Thanks,
anarco

Anonymous said...

Beautiful trade, I looked at my airline page and too the moon they flew. Dal merger talk. I shorted UAUA for a few. Silly me but was out of the trade loop today.

Anonymous said...

Jamie, the 2-3 hr 1" chart x 50ema works great at the 2:22 wonder hour! Thanks

OONR7 said...

beautiful. I saw this unfold and knew you were most likely in it.

TJ said...

Anarco,

Yes, but I've added a few names to the list since then. I will update the watchlist soon and post it to the blog.

BL, OONR7

I'll be watching this sector again today as oil continues to fall.

Anonymous said...

jamie, i tried to use trade idea to filter morning gappers, but cal didn't show up... did it happen to you also or my parameter is wrong? thanks

TJ said...

Steve,

CAL didn't show up on mine either. I found it by sorting my watchlist by % change. One reason why it might not show up on scanner is because compared to post market prices previous day, it was down.