Thursday, October 23, 2008

Earnings Gap Trade - Amgen, Inc. (Public, NASDAQ:AMGN)

AMGN was an earnings gap with a wide opening range, followed by a bullish inside bar. I entered on break of ORH. Place the Fibonacci extension from the previous day low (blue line) to the 15 min. ORH. Price rallied to the 62% extension where I partialed out. The inside doji bar had a bearish feel and I folded.

CELG, another biotech looks like it wants to breakout at $58.00. Notice the frequency of the pivots into that price level as indicated by the blue arrows. Keep it on the WL for tomorrow. I see a prelim. target at the round number $60.00.

FFIV gapped up and looked like it was getting ready to move above the blue line segment after a NRIB, but it rolled over, setting up a low risk short. Here I place the Fib. retracement lines from the previous day low to the ORH. Look for setups near the the Fib. lines in conjunction with proximity to the 5 period EMA. I exited the short as price approached the 50% retracement level.

No comments: