Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Technical Picture - Low Volume Retracement

S&P has retraced almost 50% of the correction thus far. Volume is light so I don't expect we'll get much beyond resistance, unless we get some really good economic data, starting tomorrow with housing/building starts, capacity utilization and industrial production.

IAG on TSX was on my focus list this morning after Friday's big move. Looks like a bona fide breakout is underway, although I would've liked to see more volume. Holding half for a swing.



GS day trade - flag BO above resistance.

Flags for Swing Trading

MA forming bearish flag following earnings miss. Could BO anytime as price contracted over last few sessions.

APKT formed a bull flag following earnings beat. On a measured move it could go to $18.00 so it's not too late to jump in.

Notice how both names had huge volume on the gap days giving us confidence in the setups.

4 comments:

Penny Stocks said...

That's awesome. I'm so glad you started blogging and that I can call you my friend. Keep posting and I'll keep reading.

Penny Stocks

investment catcher said...

This is a wonderful website!! 
参考になります。
ありがとう。 Thank you!!
I'd be pleased if you exchange reciprocal link with me.
お互い頑張りましょう。
Easy investment
http://easy-happy-invest.blogspot.com/

この記事の中でリンクしています。(2010/02/21)
http://easy-happy-invest.blogspot.com/2010/02/head-and-shoulders-pattern.html
よかったらご覧になってください。

Penny Stocks said...

Very informative blog,lots of great info

will be back soon

Penny Stocks

Aspasi said...

Great charts, I use stockcharts myself and post my stocks on
Penny Stock Forums