Thursday, June 14, 2007

NASDAQ Technical Picture - Regain the Trendline


A gap open and bullish morning rally followed by a NR snooze fest in the afternoon as many big names starting trading close to strike prices ahead of OPX and the all important CPI tomorrow.

Economic calendar: CPI 8:30; Industrial production and Capacity at 9:15; and Michigan Sentiment at 10:00.

CROX will be trading ex-split (2 for1) tomorrow morning.

Companies moving in after hours trading in reaction to earnings: Trading Up: SWHC +6.2%; CMRO +1.3%... Trading Down: CATS -9.2%; DRL -5.0%; TMRK -3.5%; ADBE -0.93%... Companies moving in reaction to news: Trading Up: SVLF +7.7% (raises Y07 guidance); FDRY +2.1% (announced that it has completed and filed with the SEC its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2006); WWVY +1.0% (announces director resignation); CLF +0.92 (announces acquisition of PinnOak Resources for approx $600 mln; transaction will have minimal earnings impact to Cliffs in 2007)... Trading Down: BBW -12.3% (lowers Q2 and 2007 EPS guidance); MEG -2.7% (sees Q2 EPS below consensus; reports May 2007 revenues); CBLI -1.7% (files SB-2 offering 9.3 mln shares); LSCC -1.2% (reaffirms that it expects Q2 revenue to be 0% to 4% higher than Q1 of 2007); HMA -1.2% (names Kelly E. Curry as Chief Operating Officer); WFII -1.0% (receives extension from NASDAQ).

5 comments:

LP said...

Just tell me that you aren't going to quit any time soon.

TJ said...

LP,

I sometimes worry that I'm a slave to the blog, while other priorites fall behind. I'm sure you can relate. But I'm hanging in.

BTW,
You aren't posting charts anymore? I was curious about that AAPL trade yesterday.

Trading Goddess said...

"I sometimes worry that I'm a slave to the blog, while other priorites fall behind."

Very true.

However, knowing that there are reader's who appreciate your hard helps to feel that it is all worthwhile, but getting paid for doing it would help as well, imo.

Time is money. Really! You have to choose what you do with your time, because you will never get it back.

I am not sure about your "real" life, but family is truly important!

I guess I am babbling, but I myself, have felt the same feeling as your comment above.

I wish I had a gazillion dollars to support all the worthy blogs out there in Stock Blogo-Land!

Thanks Jaime.

:)

TJ said...

Thanks for the good thoughts TG

LP said...

Jamie,

I fully understand what you mean. I too have thought about it as it is a very thankless job. When I started the blog, it was to pen down my thought. But then you get questions and from time to time you look to help people.

I know I bugged you a 1000 times and I truly appreciate all your help. Anyway, I hope you hang in there as you are one of the few really good bloggers left.

Yeah I stopped posting charts as I'm trying to concentrate on what really matters. I didn't many comments or constructive criticism. So I just stopped and now only focus on my spread sheet. Anyway, I stop by everyday to learn something new and lately you've been on a tear and I like it a lot. Keep up the good work.

Have a good weekend.